Join Us on September 13th for a National Call-in Day to Protect SNAP
Last Wednesday, conferees from the House and Senate held their first public meeting on the Farm Bill. This small group of 47 Senators and Representatives, the Farm Bill Conference Committee, is charged with negotiating what goes into the final version of the Farm Bill before it is sent to the President for his signature. Moving forward, discussions will happen behind closed doors. CFPA and our partners have reached out to the four California members of the committee to ask them to support access to food by passing the senate's version of the Farm Bill, but we need your help to keep the pressure on.
Activate Your Network to Call CA's Farm Bill Conferees on September 13th
Congress needs to hear from you that access to SNAP should be protected and not harmed during farm bill negotiations. Activate your network to join Feeding America's national SNAP call-in day on September 13th. The below four California Representatives were chosen to participate in negotiations to reconcile the starkly divergent farm bills passed by the Senate and House earlier this summer. They need to hear from you:
- Jeff Denham (R-Modesto) P: (202) 225-4540
- Ed Royce (R-Fullerton) P: (202) 225-4111
- Jim Costa (D-Fresno) P: (202) 225-3341
- Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles) P: (202) 225-2201
- Sample script: Hello. My name is ________. I live in ______, CA. I am calling to ask Representative ______ to ensure SNAP is protected by adopting the Senate's bipartisan, common-sense Farm Bill in the Farm Bill Conference Committee. Unlike the House's Farm Bill, the Senate version protects our low-income residents from harmful and unnecessary barriers to food access. The best outcome for California is a strong, bipartisan farm bill that protects SNAP. Thank you.
- @RepJeffDenham @RepEdRoyce @RepJimCosta @RepMaxineWaters Protect and strengthen #SNAP to keep food on the tables of people struggling against hunger. Reject any cuts to #SNAP & adopt the #SenateFarmBill SNAP provisions at conference. @CAFoodPolicy http://bit.ly/2wAWAuX
- Help protect and strengthen #SNAP to keep food on the tables of people struggling against hunger. Join the national SNAP call-in day on September 13th @CAFoodPolicy
Questions? Contact: Jared Call at 213.482.8200 ext 201