Upcoming Webinar – CalFresh & WIC: Better Together!
3.1.2018 Register today! Join us for a webinar on March 27th to learn more about how CalFresh and WIC work better together. The basics costs of raising a family in California often far exceed the annual income of full-time working parents. With limited resources, low-income families are commonly forced to make tough decisions between basic necessities – electricity or groceries? Nutrition assistance can help and in this webinar we will discuss how as administrators and advocates we can best align enrollment and retention in the two programs to better meet the needs of families.
This webinar will feature presentations from:
- Kim McCoy-Wade with The California Department of Social Services, CalFresh
- Christine Nelson with The California Department of Public Health, WIC
- Kiran Saluja with PHFE-WIC and Maria Zavala with Los Angeles Department of Social Services
- Tracie Barrow with Sonoma County Department of Health Services, WIC Program
- A recent report from CFPA, BETTER TOGETHER: Optimizing Nutrition Access During the Earliest Years, which sets forth a vision and policy recommendations for increasing young families' access to nutrition resources.
- The CA Departments of Social Services (CDSS) and Public Health's (CDPH) recent data query on cross-enrollment between CalFresh and WIC, including: the number of CalFresh recipients who are likely eligible for WIC but not participating, and the number of WIC recipients who are likely eligible for CalFresh but not participating.
- How the state plans to use the new data to improve cross-enrollment, and how local stakeholders can help.
- Best practices at the local level for increasing participation in both CalFresh and WIC.
Register to learn more about:
Have questions or suggestions? Please contact Elyse Homel Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.433.1122 ext 206.