The Sarah Samuels Public Health Fellowship
Long-time board member, Sarah Samuels, left an indelible mark on California Food Policy Advocates (CFPA). Sarah was a leader in conducting and applying research to shape sound nutrition policies. She was also a supportive mentor of new public health professionals. To honor these contributions and to continue her work, CFPA has established the Sarah Samuels Public Health Fellowship.
Sarah's contributions to CFPA link
The Sarah Samuels Public Health Fellowship is a competitive fellowship designed to help nurture the next generation of public health professionals committed to improving nutrition and health through evidence-based policy solutions.
Candidates for the fellowship shall:
- Demonstrate an interest in public health (particularly public health nutrition), advocacy, and public policy.
- Be enrolled in an advanced degree program for public health.
- Commit to a 3-month summer internship with California Food Policy Advocates. Note: exceptional interns may be offered an extended fellowship.
Fellows will receive:
- A stipend
- Support and supervision from CFPA staff
- Guidance in selecting a mutually beneficial fellowship deliverable
- Experience working with a dynamic, diverse, and effective public policy advocacy organization
- The title of Sarah Samuels Public Health Fellow
CFPA is now accepting applications for the Sarah Samuels Public Health Fellowship. PDF