I've Registered for ENACT. Now What?
3.15.11 Thank for registering for ENACT! Now that that's taken care of, there are a few more things you need to do:
(1) If you want to apply for a travel scholarship, please do so here. Scholarship applications need to be submitted by April 1st, 2011.
(2) Identify your Assembly Member and State Senator using your address so that you will know who you will be visiting on ENACT Day.
(3) Check the LegVisit List to find your name (posted shortly after registration is complete) to see if someone has already scheduled a visit with your legislators. Look-up both your Assembly Member and State Senator on the list.
- If there is a name highlighted in red next to your legislator's name (check both Assembly and Senate), a visit has/will be scheduled and you will be included in that visit.
- If there is no name highlighted in red next to your legislator's name (check both Assembly and Senate), you need to schedule a visit with them. To do this, use the How to Schedule a Visit Guide and the Sample Visit Request Letter.
- If you confirm a visit with either your Assembly Member or State Senator, please let us know by contacting Kerry Birnbach at 510-433-1122 x110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(4) Review the ENACT 2011 Policy Agenda (Coming Soon!) and other ENACT materials to learn about this year's legislation related to nutrition and physical activity.
(5) Attend ENACT 2011 on May 4th, 2011 in Sacramento, CA! The morning session will include advocacy training and participants will visit legislators in the afternoon.