New Resources for Breakfast After the Bell
9.1.2016 New funding for school breakfast is on the way! In January 2017, the California Department of Education will announce the availability of state-funded grants to support the start-up or expansion of after-the-bell breakfast in high-poverty schools. By increasing access to school breakfast, these grants will support student health and academic achievement.
While the grants won't be announced until January, there are important steps you can take right now.
- Read and share this factsheet about the after-the-bell breakfast grants. PDF
- Learn more about after-the-bell breakfast here and on BreakfastFirst.org.
- Visit our County Profile and School Meal Analysis pages to find school breakfast data for your community.
- Connect with school districts in your community to promote the grants and encourage the use of breakfast after the bell.
- Stay tuned for more details about the breakfast grant and the application process, including best practices for writing successful grant proposals.