Sac Bee Supports Breakfast After the Bell
5.9.2016 On Sunday, the Sacramento Bee published an editorial calling for support of after-the-bell school breakfast and highlighting theÂ need to increase student participation.
This is a solvable problem, so letâ€™s solve it. California should be ashamed if its adults canâ€™t put kids first.
Read the editorial. link
What You Can Do Let California's budget leaders know that all kids deserve equitable access to school breakfast. The state should invest in Breakfast After the Bell. There are two Â important steps you can take today.
1) Letters -Â Please submit letters of support for the Breakfast After the Bell budget request. Download a customizable sample letter and instructions for submitting your letter. doc
2)Â Social Media -Â Voice your support through social media. Sample tweets are included below.
- Invest in #CAbreakfast for returns on student health & academics @KMcCartyAD7Â @PhilTing @Rendon63rd @CAFoodPolicyÂ goo.gl/DyUZH5
- #CAbreakfast after the bell: get meals to kids in need @KMcCartyAD7 @PhilTing @Rendon63rd @CAFoodPolicyÂ goo.gl/DyUZH5
- Common-sense solutions: #CAbreakfast after the bell gets kids ready to learn @KMcCartyAD7Â @MartyBlock39Â @CAFoodPolicyÂ goo.gl/DyUZH5
- Hungry kids struggle to learn. Invest in #CAbreakfast at high-poverty schools!Â goo.gl/DyUZH5Â @KMcCartyAD7Â @MartyBlock39Â @CAFoodPolicy
Have questions? Please contact Tia Shimada at email@example.com or 510.433.1122 ext 109 Learn more about Breakfast After the Bell. link